Pages

Wednesday, April 7

Rock around the clock!

I've always wanted to make a record clock, and today was that day!

Whilst browsing Smiths 2ndhand book shop, I came across a huge dusty pile of records. I then spent a good amount of time sifting through them to find the perfect record for my clock.

And I dare say I found it...



It was called 'Time Will Tell' by the Hill Toppers.



It was super easy to make and took at most, ten minutes.

I bought the clock parts from Spotlight. You need the hands, the clock mechanism and stick-on numbers if you want.



You unscrew the nut



and attach the mechanism to the clock face (mine was a bit of a tight fit... careful not to break that record! It's old and fragile!)



put the nut on and tighten like so...



next add the hands in this order:

HOUR


MINUTE


SECOND



Next add the numbers...


I only used 12,3,6,& 9



Then add a AA battery...



Hang on the wall! (A wall mount is included with the clock parts)



And admire!



So easy, makes a great wee present for under $30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...